Running a profitable 密博(上海)官方网站:ecommerce business requires a lot of knowledge. You’ll learn a lot by making mistakes and experimenting on your store. However, it’s also important to learn from those who have succeeded before you. Whether you choose to read ecommerce blogs, listen to podcasts, watch YouTube videos, join communities, or take an online course every now and then, you should try to stay on top of relevant trends. We’ve created this list of the top 50 ecommerce resources to help you build a profitable ecommerce store.
Ecommerce Resources – Ecommerce Blogs
– This ecommerce blog provides store owners with the information they need to succeed with Facebook and Google Ads. They even have a Shopify app that helps you automate your marketing so you can drive more traffic to your store. If you’re looking for a blog and tool that helps you convert customers StoreYa will do that and more. Ecommerce resources to check out on their blog include ‘Start a Successful Online Clothing Business in 7 Steps’ and ‘Your Full Guide to White Background Product Photography.’
– This ecommerce blog provides ecommerce entrepreneurs with various products to help simplify their business from business plans to store critiques. The blog features unique content with articles such as ‘7 Ways to Use Slack to Manage Your Online Business’ and evergreen content like ‘The Complete Guide to Conversion Rate Optimization for First Year Stores.’
– Shopify’s blog is one of the biggest ecommerce blogs. They regularly feature step-by-step case studies and sometimes even give stores away. Articles like ‘Win a Profitable Ecommerce Business and Over $3700 in Prizes’ and ‘22 Top-Rated Shopify Apps for Fashion Stores’ can be found on their blog.
– The Kissmetrics blog isn’t exclusively ecommerce but it’s a great high level blog that ecommerce entrepreneurs can learn a lot from. The blog focuses on analytics, digital marketing and testing which are probably the most important aspects for a dropshipper. Articles include ‘How to Increase Conversion Rates with Better Product Content’ and ‘25 E-Commerce Experts Share Their Best Tips for Driving Repeat Sales Online.’
– The Practical Ecommerce blog is divided into four categories: marketing, conversion, management, and design & development. Articles like ‘11 Animated Websites, for Design Inspiration’ and ‘3 Ways to Acquire Customers on Social Media’ can be found on their blog.’
– Internet Retailer is an ecommerce news site that gives valuable industry insight to entrepreneurs. As a news site, the articles are focused on popular ecommerce websites and their sales growth.
– Bootstrapping Ecommerce, run by entrepreneur Shabbir Nooruddin, shares ecommerce tactics from personal experience from running his own ecommerce business. You can find articles like ‘Why You Should be Building Links For an eCommerce Website’ and ‘How To Drive Ecommerce Sales Using Quizzes’ on his ecommerce blog.
– The Ecommerce Platforms blog is an ecommerce platform review site. Their articles compare the best ecommerce platforms on various features. Articles include ‘Best 密博(上海)官方网站:Payment Gateways Reviewed and Compared: Worldpay vs Authorize.net vs Adyen vs Stripe vs PayPal’ and ‘Top 5 Ecommerce Platforms: Shopify vs Volusion vs Big Cartel vs 3dcart.’
– The Ecommerce Times blog is another ecommerce news site. While it might not feature tactics that you can implement, you’ll stay informed about newsworthy events that relate to ecommerce. Articles include ‘Google Clamps Down on Sneaky Malicious Sites.’
– While the Get Elastic blog hasn’t been updated in awhile it still features some great content that ecommerce entrepreneurs can learn from. Their website features sections like Digital Commerce, Social Media, Conversion Optimization, Search Marketing and more. The ecommerce blog features articles like ‘Five Rules for Content Marketers in 2016’ and ‘The Case for Extreme Personalization.’
– The Ometria blog is a great ecommerce resource that gets updated regularly. Past blog posts include ‘4 big lessons in personalisation from the experts’ and ‘4 ecommerce marketing trends you can expect to see in 2017.’ Their website also features an an Academy section with videos, ebooks and presentations.
– Blue Stout is a great ecommerce blog for ecommerce experts. Their blog also includes a podcast and videos. You’ll find blog posts on topics such as ‘If you sell to multiple markets, you’re probably doing it WRONG’ and ‘Abandoned Cart Recovery: How to Maximize Sales with Cart Regeneration.’
– This insightful resource hub, managed by DHL, delivers tons of helpful content for SMEs – whether you’re seeking new ideas or following trends to help stay ahead of the game in business, logistics, ecommerce, operations, and culture. Their content covers a wide range of topics, including how to design your packaging for today’s visual world, reducing your cart abandonment rates, marketing a subscription business, weekly ecommerce trend recaps and more. This is a great resource for any aspiring ecommerce entrepreneur.
Start selling online now with Shopify
Ecommerce Resources – Ecommerce Podcasts
– Hosted by Andrew Youderian, the Ecommerce Fuel podcast features tactics from successful entrepreneurs. As an ecommerce entrepreneur himself, he helps fellow entrepreneurs build profitable stores. Episodes include: ‘Nurturing an Early Stage Proprietary Product’ and ‘Using Instagram to Generate 7 Figures in Sales.’
– Hosted by Felix Thea, the Shopify Masters podcast is an excellent ecommerce resource as it features interviews with some of the most successful Shopify store owners. You’ll learn the secrets of six and seven figure online stores. Episodes include: ‘GetNadeef.com’s 100K Business From Calling Cart Abandoners’ and ‘How Rhone.com Launched to 80K in Sales With a Manually-Built Mailing List.’
– The Build My Online Store ecommerce podcast features content on everything related to ecommerce from buying psychology to product listing ads. Episodes include: ‘First Impressions of Instagram Stories After 10,000+ Views’ and ‘When Should You Take a Break.’
– The Unofficial Shopify Podcast hosted by Kurt Elster and Paul Reda is one of the popular ecommerce resources for Shopify entrepreneurs who love podcasts. The ecommerce podcast covers a range of topics including ‘Expanding Your Ecommerce Business on Amazon with Kiri Masters’ and ‘Conversion Rate Optimization & User Research with Joris Bryon.’
– Hosted by Mike Jackness and Grant Chen, this ecommerce podcast covers everything in the ecommerce sector. Past episodes include ‘How to Build Traffic Away from Amazon Part 4: Effective Facebook Ads’ and ‘Reaping the Benefits of Holiday Promotions.’ There are over 50 episodes to listen to.
– Hosted by Robert Kilonzo, this ecommerce podcast covers everything you need to know when it comes to ecommerce marketing. Past episodes include ‘How to Use Content Marketing for Killer Results – with Lee McAlilly’ and ‘How to Tell your Brand’s Story and Attract Customers – with Susie Shaughnessy.’
– If you crave in-person interactions with fellow ecommerce entrepreneurs, Meetup.com is the best choice when it comes to in-person ecommerce resources. You’ll need to search for ecommerce meetups near you. It allows you to go to events to learn ecommerce tactics and you’ll have the time to take initiative to meet some people. If there aren’t any near you, you can always create your own.
– While the Reddit ecommerce threads aren’t as popular as others, they’re still a great choice when it comes to ecommerce resources. You can also browse other ecommerce related subreddits such as Shopify, Entrepreneur and more. You can post your own questions or share your wisdom with others.
– Digital Point features an ecommerce forum that gets daily engagement. They have 75 pages worth of threads to browse through where you might be able to find some hidden gems of tactics people use to grow their business.
– Run by Jonathan Kennedy, the Shopify Entrepreneurs Facebook group is highly active. With over 20,000 members, there are posts on a range of ecommerce topics. Posts need to be approved by admin which has kept the quality of the posts high. The group’s audience consists of mostly intermediate and advanced Shopify sellers.
– Run by Richard Lazazzera of A Better Lemonade Stand, his Facebook group boasts over 7,000 members. Ecommerce entrepreneurs of all levels are free to post. Many ask for feedback on their stores or other Shopify related questions.
– Founded by John Lawson, The eCommerce Group on Facebook has over 6,000 members. Topics range from SEO to social strategy. In terms of ecommerce, it focuses on Amazon and Ebay.
– Run by Terry Arsenault, the Shopify Ecommerce Group features content related to Shopify, ecommerce, social media and more. With over 4800 members, the Facebook group is active with lots of resources shared by people in the group.
– The Shopify Strategy Facebook group boasts over 21,000 members. Run by Phil Kyprianou, the group is one of the most active ecommerce Facebook groups. He regularly does FB live chats to better help Shopify entrepreneurs.
– The Ecommerce Fuel forum is for the ecommerce elite – those making 6 and 7 figures in their online store. You’ll learn from the best of the best. However, you need to apply for membership and will need to prove that you’re making over 250K a year in revenue.
Ecommerce Resources – Ecommerce Books
密博(上海)官方网站:Starting Your First eCommerce Business – We've created a free extensive ecommerce ebook that details everything you need to know about starting your first ecommerce business. If you’re on a tight budget, all you need to do is provide your email and you’ll get instant access. The 86 page ebook covers topics like generating product ideas, launching your store, finding products and creating ads. When it comes to ecommerce resources this book is the best place to start.
– Ecommerce Analytics covers everything you need to know about, well, ecommerce analytics. The ecommerce book gives data insights that help you grow your revenue while lowering costs. You’ll learn which type of customers are most likely to be loyal, the impact having sales has on your store and more.
– DotCom Secrets teaches readers how to garner more leads through effective marketing funnels and sales scripts. The book provides secrets that help you get more traffic to your website and increase your conversions.
– In Ecommerce: 3 Manuscripts: Ecommerce, Amazon FBA, Shopify, you get three ebooks in one. In this book set, you’ll learn how to convert traffic into sales, how to make money right in the beginning, and more.
– In this book, you’ll learn how to use Shopify while gaining the skills to profit quickly. You’ll learn the steps you need to take when you first sign up for Shopify and how to optimize your new store.
– In Boost E-commerce Sales and Make More Money you’ll learn over 300 tactics that’ll help you increase your conversion rate, gain more leads while improving your ROI.
– Dummies books are the epitome of content on any given topic and this 11 books-in-1 book is no exception. In this ecommerce book, you’ll learn everything from web page design to advanced ecommerce tactics and everything in between.
– E-commerce Essentials is often used to teach ecommerce to students. If you’ve been thinking about signing up for a college course, you can read this book instead.
– E-commerce Blueprint covers everything you need to know about starting your own online store. You’ll learn how to spot a great and not-so-great supplier, how to calculate your 密博(上海)官方网站:profit margin, and more.
– In this ecommerce book, you’ll learn no theory, only practical concepts. You’ll learn the 12 principles of ecommerce, marketing tactics and a step-by-step blueprint for creating a profitable store. You’ll also have access to a private ecommerce community.
Ecommerce Resources – Ecommerce YouTube Channels
– With over 250 videos and 67,000 subscribers, the Shopify YouTube channel is the most popular ecommerce YouTube channel. Their most popular videos are ‘How to Sell Online Using Shopify’ and ‘Small Business Ideas: How to Start an Online T-Shirt Business.’ They cover everything from building an audience on Instagram to lessons from successful entrepreneurs.
– On Casual Ecommerce’s YouTube channel, you’ll learn everything you need to know about ecommerce. Boasting over 8,000 subscribers, the channel features popular videos like ‘Shopify Tutorial for Beginners – Create an Online Shopify Store’ which has amassed nearly 200,000 views.
Ecommerce Resources – Ecommerce Courses
– This website features 12 ecommerce courses. Courses include ‘Email for Ecommerce,’ ‘Instagram for Ecommerce,’ and ‘CRO for Ecommerce.’ They provide step by step modules to help you learn the marketing aspects of ecommerce.
– Run by Corey Ferreira, Shopify offers free ecommerce webinars each week. In this webinar, you’ll learn ‘How to Quickly Start a Profitable Dropshipping Store.’ You’ll be able to ask questions at the end of the webinar.
– While not a course per se, Shopify provides unique videos from successful entrepreneurs you’ve likely heard of. From Tim Ferriss to Daymond John, you’ll learn insights about a range of topics including ‘How to Launch a Fashion Business.’ Thus, making this one of the many great ecommerce resources.
– In this course, you’ll learn how to setup a Shopify course in only a couple of hours. This ecommerce course is essentially a step-by-step guide. With over 4900 students enrolled and a 4.4 star rating, it’s worth checking out.
– In this course, you’ll learn a step-by-step guide for creating your ecommerce store. You’ll learn easy to implement Facebook tactics and tricks for choosing the best products. The course has over 880 people enrolled and a 4.3 star rating.
– In this course, taught by Patrick Rauland, you’ll learn how to set up your Shopify store from selecting a theme to configuring taxes. The course, one of the best ecommerce resources, has received over 36,000 views and is only an hour and a half long.
– If you’re looking for a diploma program, this Alison E-Business course is a great choice when it comes to ecommerce resources. Over 38,000 students have taken the 4 star course. You’ll learn how to rank on Google, how to set up an AdWords account and how to analyze data.
– In this certificate program, you’ll learn how to market your business and how to engage your browsers. Over 10,000 students have participated in this 4-star course.
– In this free Shopify course, you’ll have access to 4 training modules. You’ll learn how to find a profitable niche, how to dropship products, and how to drive traffic to your store. The course is approximately 2 hours long.
– There are various Shopify courses on Skillshare. From creating a passive income dropshipping business to an advanced Shopify course in Arabic, there’s a relevant course for almost everyone.
Local university or college – The best ecommerce resources can be found by browse local universities and colleges’ websites to find ecommerce courses or programs. You’ll be able to learn all business and ecommerce concepts in one convenient place. The cost will likely be higher than anything else on this list but you’ll still be able to take away a lot of valuable information that’ll help you succeed as an entrepreneur.
These ecommerce resources will help you grow as an entrepreneur and build a profitable business. Which ecommerce blogs, podcasts, communities, YouTube channels do you follow? Leave a comment below.
Start selling online now with Shopify
Want to Learn More?
- Ecommerce Roadmap: How to Start Ecommerce Business That Will Succeed
- 20 Amazing Startup Business Ideas That’ll Make You Money
- Why You Should Start a Reseller Business Right Now
- eCommerce Blueprint: Grow Your Business With the Help of Others
Is there anything else you’d like to know more about and wish was included in this article? Let us know in the comments below!